Dual Degree Students

The dual degree program is a new form of cooperation between two institutions to provide undergraduate and graduate world-class education in two countries and two universities environments in order to prepare future leaders. This allows students to learn in different linguistic and cultural environments, providing them with opportunities to broaden their academic horizons and work options. Dual degree program includes study and internships. At the end of the program, both universities will grand a degree.

UDLAP has partnerships with prestigious European and American universities to award dual degrees. In addition, as part of the IPBS (International Partnership of Business Schools), a consortium of leading business schools, we can provide our students with world-class preparation in our Bachelor in International Business Administration

Options for participating in a dual degree program through the IPBS Consortium are:

Academic Programs University
Bachelor in International Business Administration Lancaster University
Bachelor in International Business Administration ESB Reutilngen
Bachelor in International Business Administration NEOMA
Bachelor in International Business Administration Northeastern University
Bachelor in International Business Administration Universitá Católica del Sacro Cuore

In addition, UDLAP offers dual degree options on its graduate programs as follows:

Academic Programs University
Master in Business Administration Sup de Co Montpellier
Master in International Management Toulouse Business School
Master in International Management NEOMA Sup de Co

UDLAP has also special programs at the bachelor level as follows:

Academic Programs University
Bachelor in Hotel and Restaurant Administration Swiss Education Group:
  • César Ritz Colleges Switzerland
  • Hotel Institute Montreux
Bachelor in Culinary Arts Swiss Education Group:
  • César Ritz Colleges Switzerland
  • Hotel Institute Montreux
Bachelor in Marketing Rennes School of Business
How to apply?

Admission Requirements for Dual Degree Students

International Affairs at UDLAP aims to attract the most outstanding students from our partner universities. We expect these students to meet the following requirements:

  1. To be currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program at one of our partners universities.

  2. Have the official approval to study abroad from their home institution

  3. Be officially nominated by the International Office at their home university, and are subject to final approval by the academic program coordinator at UDLAP.

Application Instructions and Deadlines


Step 1: Seek Approval

A Dual Degrees student must be approved by one of our partner universities to study at UDLAP for one year for graduate studies and two years for undergraduate studies.

Step 2: Fill out the Application Form

A Dual Degrees student must download and complete our application form using the following instructions:

  1. The name must be used exactly as it appears on the passport.

  2. The citizenship information must be entered correctly. If the student is a dual citizen, it is important to inform us of both citizenships.

  3. Permanent Address, the address where the student lives when he/she is not at the university must be used. This is most likely the parent's address.

  4. Mailing Address, the address where the student lives while at school must be used. If this is also the permanent address, it is not necessary to fill out this section.

  5. When selecting the number of semesters the student is applying for under Academic Information, make sure the correct option is selected.

  6. Current Level of Study, indicate the student’s academic level (undergraduate or graduate) and year of study (first though fourth).

  7. The student has to complete our on-line Spanish test.

  8. Accommodation:  The student will decide if he/she will live on campus.

  9. The Health Insurance section must be read carefully. An international student must have a health international insurance including repatriation in case of death, sanitary and emergency evacuation.

Step 3: Send all required documents to UDLAP


  • Application for Admission form properly filled out as indicated.

  • Copy of Passport (valid throughout the entire stay at UDLAP).

  • Official academic transcript from the home university. The transcript must be translated into Spanish or English.

  • UDLAP’s medical form approved and signed by the student’s doctor or healthcare provider.

  • 2 Passport size photos.

  • Copy of the student’s international medical insurance policy including name, date of birth, policy number and coverage details.


  • Copy of Bachelor’s degree from the home University with stamp and program coordinator’s signature or letter from his/her home institution.

IMPORTANT: The application and the required documents must be sent by email and once getting the approval from UDLAP, the original application materials and formats must be sent by an international post service (DHL, UPS, FEDEX, etc) to UDLAP International Affairs Office on the application deadline.


Deadline Study Term
May 1st, 2019 Undergraduate Students: Fall 2019 – Spring 2021
Graduate Students: Fall 2019

Once the International Affairs Office at UDLAP has received all necessary application materials, a letter of acceptance will be sent to the home institution. All complementary information will be sent by email to the students. 

Mailing Address

Lic. Francisco Miguel Fuentes Balderas

Humanities Building: HU-216
Ex Hacienda Sta. Catarina Mártir, 72810
San Andrés Cholula, Puebla, México
Phone +52 (222) 229 31 63

Health Insurance

Health Insurance

All International Students at UDLAP, without exception, are required to have international health and medical insurance coverage for the entire period of stay in Mexico*, and that must include:

  • International emergency evacuation.

  • Repatriation of remains.

Once purchased the student’s own international health insurance in his/her home country, he/she will have to provide us with:

  • A copy of the policy, including name, date of birth, policy number, emergency phone number of the insurance company, coverage dates and at least 4 hospital’s at Puebla where the insurance is accepted, prior to the arrival at UDLAP.

IMPORTANT: The students will not be able to sign up for courses officially if they have not yet provided proof of medical insurance to the International Office.

* In case the Student’s insurance expires before the end of the period of stay, all documents should be renewed and sent to the International Affairs Office at the beginning of each semester.

Visa Services

Studies in Mexico for more than 180 Days


Due to the fact that the student’s study program in Mexico lasts more than 180 days,  the student must obtain a STUDENT TEMPORARY RESIDENT VISA  “Visa De Residente Temporal Estudiante” in the embassy or consulate of Mexico nearest to his/her place of residence.

In order to know where are located the embassies and consulates of Mexico in the student’s country, the following links can be checked. 

In order to know the requirements needed to obtain the visa, the student can contact his/her university or the embassy or consulate of Mexico in his/her country.


During the trip to Mexico, the migration staff will deliver a Multiple Migratory Form (MMF) “Forma Migratoria Múltiple (FMM)”, which must be filled by the student with his/her personal information.

Once in the port-of-entry, the migration staff will ask the student to show the following documents:

  • The Multiple Migratory Form (FMM)

  • The passport

Both documents will be stamped with the date of arrival and the student will have a period of 30 calendar days to obtain a temporary residence card.  


From the arrival in Mexico, the student has 30 calendar days to request a TEMPORARY RESIDENCE CARD AS A STUDENT “Tarjeta De Residencia Temporal Como Estudiante” at the National Migration Institute in Puebla.

This card allows the student to stay in Mexico for one year from the date of arrival and permits multiple enterings and outgoings of Mexico during the validity of the document. The expiration date will appear on the front of the card.

If the student wants to extend the exchange, the TEMPORARY RESIDENCE CARD AS A STUDENT must be renewed within 30 calendar days prior to its expiration. If not, the student could be liable to a financial penalty by the National Migration Institute.

At the request of the student, the area of immigration services at UDLAP can undertake the necessary steps to obtain or renew the student’s TEMPORARY RESIDENCE CARD AS STUDENT.

For more information, please contact the area of immigration services at UDLAP.

Mailing Address

Edit Maupome Huerta

Fundación Universidad de las Américas Puebla
Ex Hacienda Sta. Catarina Mártir, 72810
San Andrés Cholula, Puebla, México
1 Building | Phone +52 (222) 229 20 00 ext. 4035

Academic Program

Academic Program

During Orientation Week, the student will have a meeting with his/her Academic Coordinator at UDLAP in order to get information about the academic program and internships he/she will follow at UDLAP.

ESB Reutilngen Dr. Manuel Francisco Suárez Barraza

Course Registration

In the first semester, the Academic Coordinator will register classes according to the student’s Academic Program. During Orientation week, the student will receive his/her class schedule, and he/she will not be able to make any changes. However, for the following semesters, the student will have the ability to choose his/her classes according to his/her Academic Program.


A Dual degree Student must have at least an intermediate level of Spanish and English, equivalent to  B2.



Transferring Credits Back Home

Credit equivalencies are:
1 Unidad UDLAP = ½ of USA credits
1 Unidad UDLAP = 1 ECTS


Undergraduate Master
10 10 Outstanding
9.0 - 9.9 9.0 - 9.9 Very Good
8.0 - 8.9 8.0 - 8.9 Good
7.5 - 7.9 Sufficient
7.5 8 Minimum passing score

This additional information will be found in the UDLAP transcript

AC Accredited
BA Academic Drop
BV Voluntary Drop
CP Pending Note
EP Pending Evaluation
EQ/EQV Equivalence
NA Non-Accredited
SC Unrated
REV Studies abroad revalidation
RT Total Withdrawal
IN Indefinite score
ME Extra Courses

Academic Transcript

An official academic transcript will be provided as follows:
Only one official transcript can be issued for each student at the end of his/her period at UDLAP. The transcript will be sent to the home institution.

  • If the student’s study program at UDLAP ends on FALL semester, the transcript will be sent by the end of January.

  • If the student’s study program at UDLAP ends on SPRING semester, the transcript will be sent by the end of July.


  • UDLAP will not release any transcript if the student fails to complete the pre-departure process, or leaves any outstanding debts at UDLAP. There are no exemptions to this.

  • UDLAP Official Transcript will only be issued in Spanish. In case the transcript is required in other language, the student must contact a certified translator.


If the student needs an extra copy of his/her UDLAP transcript, there will be an additional cost.

In order to request additional transcripts, the student must:

  • Go to the Registrar Office in order to request the cost of the additional transcript/s.

  • Make the payment for the transcript/s at Unicaja.

  • Hand the Unicaja payment receipt in to his/her Incoming Exchange Coordinator.

  • His/Her Administrative Coordinator will ship the additional transcripts to him/her according to the dates mentioned above.