The egress profile contemplates and integrates the theoretical, methodological, practical and technical foundations of the degree in Dental Surgeon, developed during the different subjects of the studies, which describes what the graduate will be able to carry out during his professional practice.
The knowledge, skills and abilities, attitudes and values that the graduate will develop are:
Skills and abilities
- Integrate fundamentals, theoretical, methodological, practical and technical knowledge about dentistry, through the analysis of the subjects of this career, to identify and apply the operational actions to be followed during dental clinical work.
- To relate diseases and dental pathologies, through the analysis of case studies, to contribute to the orientation and timely intervention.
- Identify actions to be taken in the care of oral diseases, through the application of general prevention measures, to reduce oral diseases in society.
- To gather information that allows him to formulate diagnoses based on the results obtained, through multidisciplinary work, to decide the plan to follow in the rehabilitation.
- Distinguish the needs to proceed in oral interventions in order to attend to the population and to be able to prevent and rehabilitate the society in order to promote oral health.
- To identify the symptomatology of a disease based on an orderly and methodological clinical analysis to design treatments based on the identification of the patient's pathologies.
- Design individualized treatments, through the diagnosis of pathology to consider the patient's need.
- To use the different techniques and procedures to obtain a clinical history that allows an optimal diagnosis, through the use of different ways of obtaining the information (clinical history, laboratory tests, x-rays, plaques) which provide us with accurate data, to create an appropriate treatment plan.
- Diagnose patients based on their needs by analyzing their functionality and aesthetics to provide the patient a dignified treatment and return the functionality in the oral cavity.
- To analyze the needs of the oral health of each patient, through the interpretation of the demographic study with the purpose of proposing an effective diagnosis.
- Implement necessary and timely prevention, promotion and rehabilitation measures for disease control, through the implementation of scientific research.
- Develop creatively the solution of dental complications through the coordination of inter and multidisciplinary teams to raise and develop research projects.
- Evaluate the best treatment options appropriate to the individual needs of each patient, through the evaluation of clinical analyzes of the patient in order to be objective, valid and feasible.
- Create a commitment towards permanent updating, through the valuation of new technological and research advances, to specialize in the disciplines and be more competitive with the requirements of society.
- Support scientific processes and apply them properly in the care of their patients, by updating their profession to propose new procedural alternatives.
- Participate in the innovation of the processes of prevention, promotion, rehabilitation and dental maintenance, through professional updating in order to improve dental practice.
- It commits itself to its discipline and transfers knowledge, by promoting its professional practice in order to generate a critical, reflexive and responsible attitude.
- Propose research in line with oral health, in projects of interdisciplinary team work with different areas to propose new alternatives related to oral health.
- Collaborate actively in a professional society, through the intervention in congresses, symposia and other forums, with the purpose of establishing professional relations with other experts in dental surgery and dentistry, favoring the interdisciplinary work.
- To examine their professional development, participating in professional societies, courses, congresses, symposia and other forums, in order to stay updated in their field of knowledge, maintaining a constant innovation with the techniques of procedures in dental surgery.
- To act with the ethical commitment in the development of his professional practice within the legal framework posed by current norms, through the reflection of values and the professional ethics of his career, to carry out with responsibility and humanism.
- Respect the knowledge of other disciplines in favor of human beings and their communities, acting with honesty, solidarity and tolerance, with the aim of contributing to the improvement of oral health.