Through the study of Environmental Engineering you will be qualified to integrate and elaborate production and manufacturing processes that are profitable for business and, at the same time, sustainable for the environment. You will have knowledge of chemistry, physics, mathematics and science, in order to formulate and solve problems related to your profession. At the same time, you will be capable of defining a problem, identifying its possible causes and suggesting how to solve it; also, you will be familiar with production processes, so you may evaluate their environmental impact and provide the means to minimize it.
UNDERGRADUATE DEGREE OBJECTIVES
Through your studies in Environmental Engineering, you will have the necessary knowledge to be wholly successful in your profession, develop your potential, and acquire a general culture that transcends the borders of your career, thus being able to develop and innovate in a globalized world.
In your studies in Environmental Engineering, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate abilities in the balancing of matter and energy as applied to environmental bioprocesses, thermodynamics, and mass, heat and momentum transfer processes.
- Design unitary operations and chemical, biochemical, and biotechnological reactions for the elimination, treatment or minimization of pollution in the environment, thus reducing environmental impact.
- Integrate and design production processes which you consider as sustainable opportunities for the environment with an economic benefit for companies.
- Understand the different fossil and bio-sustainable energies, establishing their impact in the design of processes.
- Master experimentation and computer techniques to optimize low-impact environmental production processes, as well as the design of remedial and control systems.
- Use different computer programs to solve chemical, environmental and sustainable development problems.
- Conviction to work for the common good and to strive for success.
- Open-mindedness in knowledge, culture, and interpersonal relations.
- Vision to accomplish goals through learning.
- Basic knowledge of mathematics and science.
- Interest in knowing the science and technology of the food industry.
At the end of your studies, having acquired new knowledge and expanded your abilities, you will have:
- Excellent understanding of the principles of analytical systems associated with process, biochemical and environmental engineering.
- Understanding of modern experimental and computer techniques in order to optimize production processes with low environmental impact, as well as the design of remedial and control systems.
- Knowledge of different unitary operations necessary to control pollution with any type of discharge.
- Ability to balance matter and energy as applied to environmental bio-processes, thermodynamics and heat and mass transfer.
- Ability to integrate and create production and manufacturing processes that you consider as environmentally sustainable opportunities for a company’s economic benefit.
- Expertise to design unitary, chemical, biochemical and biotechnological operations to eliminate, treat or minimize pollution in order to diminish the environmental impact.