The Dance program was created with the aim of training you as a professional in the field of dance-- as an artist, teacher, researcher, creator, critic or manager. The curriculum consists of practical and cognitive means and a rigorous technical and creative training to help you achieve an integral development as a professional in the creative, researched, reasoned and critical practice of different forms of dance representation. At the same time, you will receive a thorough preparation in dance, and scenic arts in general, so you can respond to today’s artistic needs.
UNDERGRADUATE DEGREE OBJECTIVES
As a professional of Dance you will train professionally in this discipline, mastering its theoretical, methodological, practical and technical bases. Likewise, you will participate in creative and communicative processes of dance through an ample and diverse understanding of corporal consciousness. You will find an interdisciplinary approach to emerging processes and proposals of social commitment and ethical innovation in a cultural context, at a national and international level, through corporal-performing techniques, creation, management, production, teaching and research.
Besides expanding your abilities at enrolment, we at the UDLAP propose to:
- Increase your ability to coordinate dance programs, from production and programming to diffusion.
- Teach you the theory and history of art, lighting, collaborating with other branches of art, management, scenery design and technical handling of stage.
- Train you to have total command of your thoughts, and of corporal, expressive and aesthetic discourses.
- Promote the knowledge of your own body, its scope and limitations.
- Make you an expert in applying the relations breathing-movement, body-space, and time-rhythm.
- Train you to interpret and execute movement, and to play different roles in dance education.
- Equip you to observe, analyze, and create empathy and build kinetic images that aid in preserving neural-motor plasticity.
- Conviction to work for the public good and to strive for success.
- Openness in the area of knowledge, culture and interpersonal relations.
- Vision to accomplish goals through learning.
- Appreciation for scenic arts in their different expressions.
- Desire to perform before an audience.
At the end of your studies, having acquired new knowledge and expanded your abilities, you will have:
- Ability to use professional knowledge in executing or interpreting dance, in dance research and in composing a bio-topologic body.
- Discernment of the history and theory of your specialty; and of potential, expressive and performance intentions.
- Integration of direct educational mechanisms (teacher-student) through individual and corporal-experiential practices.
- Competence in the use of working models that reflect the reality and possibility of markets in the dance milieu.
- Dexterity in compositional interpretation, incorporating multidisciplinary, interdisciplinary and intra-disciplinary perspectives.
- Development of ethical and ecological proposals and procedures as experiments in dance interpretation and production.