The objective of the Architecture program is to educate you professionally in this field, so you can meet building demands and design spaces for housing, shopping, culture, education, work, recreation and health, among others. Additionally, through learning experiences you will understand the multicultural, interdisciplinary and emergent context of this discipline so you can develop your professional and personal abilities. By developing your aptitudes you will be ready to enter the labor market and be prepared for graduate studies.
UNDERGRADUATE DEGREE OBJECTIVES
As a professional in Architecture, you will understand the methods of architectural design to help you analyze social behavior and solve spatial problems. You will master the theoretical and practical bases of urbanism, habitability, construction processes, construction management, representation of ideas and other technical fields related to this profession.
Besides expanding your abilities at enrolment, we at the UDLAP propose to:
- Give you theoretical, methodological, environmental, technical, administrative, and design knowledge to generate strategies and carry out an efficient process of architectural design.
- Equip you to effectively communicate your ideas in visual and graphic form, by manual or digital means.
- Perfect your oral and written communication skills.
- Train you to interact in various cultural and environmental contexts.
- Strengthen your capacity for cooperative and interdisciplinary work.
- Conviction to work for the common good and to strive for success.
- Vision to accomplish goals through learning.
- Ability to face the challenges of an increasingly competitive world.
- Ability to observe, analyze, question and acknowledge spatial problems.
- Ability to perceive dimensional qualities of space.
At the end of your studies, having acquired new knowledge and expanded your abilities, you will have:
- Command of methodology of architectural design so you can analyze and understand social behavior and spatial needs through new alternatives proposed to answer today's needs.
- Ability to evaluate theories of contemporary and historic architecture which will allow you to participate in artistic and performance intentions in construction design.
- Knowledge and ability to use different manual and digital communication and representation techniques to apply them for the production and promotion of valuable proposals.
- Creative, innovative and leadership abilities, an essential feature in the design process.
- Ethical and social behavior in spatial solutions, to value people in relation to their environment
- Concern for the environment and for developed space, acknowledging its heritage, cultural and ecological worth.