The program of Political Science will give you tools to master political analysis and to understand how the context surrounding this discipline works. Through our courses, designed as an answer to present-day situations in the country and abroad, you will become an opinion leader able to understand and practice political theory. As a professional in Political Science you can work in electoral institutions, human rights organizations and research institutions, among other options, becoming a professional able to influence the processes of political stability and economic development.
UNDERGRADUATE DEGREE OBJECTIVES
As a professional in Political Science, you will learn different theoretical and methodological perspectives that will allow you to participate in the current political debate. You will acquire new knowledge on subjects related to this science, which will allow you to discern solutions to complex global, national and local problems. Additionally, you will understand the fluctuations of macroeconomic policies and trends of the international market, in order to observe how they influence society.
Upon completion of your career, as well as expanding your initial aptitudes, Political Science will:
- Train you to solve problems in different contexts, through the knowledge you have acquired.
- Foster in you the inclination to question methods, theories and interpretations of reality.
- Equip you with a critical mentality so you have an evidence-based approach to cases and problems.
- Prepare you to understand the changes in macroeconomic policies and international markets as well as their theoretically foreseeable effects in the domestic market.
- Help you to develop a thoughtful approach regarding the influence of historical and cultural processes in the behavior trends of political actors.
- Prepare you to predict the reactions of groups of nations facing changes in the international environment.
- Make you an expert in institutional design, in order to increase and motivate cooperation among different groups of nations.
- Conviction to work for the common good and to strive for success.
- Open-mindedness in knowledge, culture, and interpersonal relations.
- Vision to accomplish goals through learning.
- Desire to understand the impact of international policies on our country.
- Interest in understanding the theoretical and practical bases that shape political systems and their institutions.
At the end of your studies, having acquired new knowledge and expanded your abilities, you will have:
- Knowledge of comparative political theories so you may analyze the institutions of Mexico and other countries.
- Ability to use qualitative and quantitative methods to process and analyze information.
- Knowledge of international political tendencies and their effects on governmental activities.
- Understanding of the behavioral patterns of the political players and their impact on governmental activity.
- Experience in the construction and demonstration of academic and critical arguments.