The goal of the Law program is to give you the knowledge to be successful in the work field, whether in the public or private sector. You will also receive practical experience that will complement your education, becoming a competent and efficient professional in different roles that a company may need. At the same time, at graduation you will be prepared to continue your education in prestigious national or international institutions, thus being able to work in relevant companies or set up your own law practice. Finally, as an expert in Law you may work in political parties, notary offices or the public sector among other options, being able to understand social phenomena and solve legal problems.
UNDERGRADUATE DEGREE OBJECTIVES
As a lawyer, you will know the fundamentals of public, private and social law, as well as the trends in judicial vanguard. You will approach the scientific construction of social sciences, and of this one in particular, in order to solve problems from the standpoint of legislation and jurisprudence. You will also propose solutions to controversies through negotiation, conciliation, mediation and arbitrage, in national and international contexts.
Upon completion of your career, as well as expanding your initial aptitudes, Law will:
- Prepare you thoroughly in traditional areas of law and in cutting-edge legal issues.
- Train you to take advantage of information and communication technologies in the practice of your profession.
- Develop your abilities so you may solve legal problems efficiently and effectively.
- Train you to use alternate mechanisms for conflict resolution at a national and international level.
- Instruct you to participate actively in the creation, interpretation and application of laws.
- Foster your capacity in conflict resolution and negotiation among groups.
- Conviction to work for the common good and strive for success.
- Openness in the area of knowledge, culture and interpersonal relations.
- Vision to accomplish goals through learning.
- Interest to know how our current laws are created.
- Desire to participate in conflict resolution through dialogue and negotiation.
At the end of your studies, having acquired new knowledge and expanded your abilities, you will have:
- Capacity to interpret legal regulations in order to prevent and solve conflicts.
- Ability to design public policy that guarantees justice, security and social wellbeing.
- Expertise in solving conflicts that arise when dealing with diverse authorities.
- Experience in conflict resolution through negotiation, conciliation, mediation and arbitration, in both national and international spheres.
- Active participation in the drafting, analysis and advancement of bills.