The program of Plastic Arts offers you the possibility to enter an interdisciplinary career, whose main objective is to train you professionally so you work in areas of production according to your professional inclinations. You will have the artistic tools to understand different cultural transformations through which to propose tangible projects tied to social transformations. In order to achieve this, we want to foster in you the ability to work in a team and, at the same time, increase your interest in research and experimentation with a creative focus.
UNDERGRADUATE DEGREE OBJECTIVES
As a professional in Plastic Arts, you will develop a sense of originality and innovation while practicing this career. You will be able to apply different techniques in the creation of artistic objects, either through traditional methods or through new technologies. Additionally, you will have the theoretical background that will allow you to identify and analyze the needs of the socio-cultural context in which you will work professionally.
Besides expanding your abilities at enrolment, we at the UDLAP propose to:
- Develop your methodological consciousness to apply interdisciplinary models when making cultural projects.
- Teach you the traditional bases of our culture so you can propose new approaches to this discipline.
- Give you a solid education about the history of Plastic Arts, so you may understand the foundation of artistic traditions.
- Train you to generate new visions about the social environment.
- Conviction to work for the common good and to strive for success.
- Openness in the area of knowledge, culture and interpersonal relations.
- Vision to accomplish goals through learning.
- Predilection for cultural expressions.
- Interest to know how works of art reach places such as museums and galleries.
At the end of your studies, having acquired new knowledge and expanded your abilities, you will have:
- Repertoires of strategic experimentation in tri-dimensional and bi-dimensional fields in an interdisciplinary manner, so you can relate and organize significant models of representation in art.
- Ability to combine numerous elements in a field of argument within the plastic arts.
- Creativity and innovation in a plastic arts context.
- Analytic capability about conceptual problems in art culture, in a well-informed and wise manner as related to your environment, with an ethical and harmonious sense.
- Knowledge of collaborative and interdisciplinary work, besides theoretical-methodological models, to base your concepts and your plastic work.
- Technical abilities to apply them in crafting traditional artworks and in new technologies.