The Chemistry program at UDLAP will prepare you, in a wholesome and interdisciplinary manner, to solve scientific and technological problems in industry and research. Through our innovative curriculum you will be able to analyze chemical processes by studying different substances and managing their behavior. You will be prepared to work in the public or private sector, in Mexico or abroad, and to continue your studies in prestigious institutions. Finally, as a professional in Chemistry, you can work in agro-chemical industries, research centers and energy companies, among many other work options.
UNDERGRADUATE DEGREE OBJECTIVES
As a professional in Chemistry you will be qualified to provide solutions for scientific and technological problems in the production sector and in research centers. You will master areas of organic, inorganic, analytical and environmental chemistry to allow you to apply analysis processes, in order to know the composition and structure of different materials, with an environmental awareness to decrease risks for living things and their habitat.
Besides expanding you abilities at enrolment, the Chemistry program has as objectives:
- To give you solid knowledge about substance composition, structure, properties and reactions.
- To motivate you to be a professional with ethical and social awareness.
- To train you to design and implement technological adaptation and assimilation strategies in your research.
- To teach you to develop useful chemical products for mankind and the environment.
- Conviction to work for the common good and to strive for success.
- Openness in the areas of knowledge, culture and interpersonal relationships.
- Vision to accomplish goals through learning.
- Commitment with the task of transforming materials.
- Critical analysis when faced with pollution problems derived from chemical processes, generating solution alternatives.
At the end of your studies, having acquired new knowledge and expanded your abilities, you will have:
- Ecological responsibility to generate procedures, reducing risks to living organisms and their habitat.
- Command of analysis processes to identify the composition and structure of different materials.
- Knowledge of the behavior and effects of chemical substances on the environment and on human health.
- Deep knowledge of methodologies used to measure physical and chemical properties of substances.
- Capacity to develop efficiently chemical processes and alternate systems to generate energy.
- Ability to analyze organic and inorganic compounds and their processes of recycling, degradation or elimination in the environment.