HUMANITIES AND CULTURAL STUDIES
As a professional in Humanities and Cultural Studies, you will have a broad and solid training in humanistic areas, such as philosophy, art history, literature, music, dance and theater. Additionally, you will nourish an interest for general culture in order to understand the main philosophical movements, as well as the different art and literary works which are a result of human development through history. Likewise, you will develop your skills to benefit humanistic and societal disciplines.
UNDERGRADUATE DEGREE OBJECTIVES
As a professional in Humanities and Cultural Studies, you will be able to master the theoretical, practical and technical fundamentals of humanistic and cultural topics, and use them in a creative and responsible manner. Additionally, you will have indispensable knowledge of various disciplines to be up to date of new artistic and cultural phenomena, using them creatively and responsibly.
In your studies in Humanities and Cultural Studies, you will be able to:
- Connect the disciplines related to human behavior: philosophy, literature, art history, new technologies and cultural history.
- Broaden your scope on historiography and theories of cultural production.
- Master the principles and the discourse of the humanities.
- Apply your knowledge and skills to craft a conceptual network of epistemological, socioeconomic and technological loose ends in which cultural phenomena are involved.
- Implement methods and theories for the study and analysis of humanistic subjects.
- Master the theories that allow you to address the problematic of scientific construction regarding the knowledge of humanities in general, and cultural studies specifically.
- Analyze the cultural works in an interdisciplinary manner to delve into humanistic comprehension.
- Conviction to work for the common good and to strive for success.
- Vision to accomplish goals through learning.
- Ability to face the challenges of an increasingly competitive world.
- Possess an open mind.
- To be receptive and critical to face the diverse and heterogeneous world of human studies and its manifestations and practices in time and space.
At the end of your studies, having advanced your education and increased your abilities, you will also have:
- A comprehensive vision of the historiography and the production theory in Western culture.
- Excellent command of fundamental concepts and discourse in the humanities field.
- Profound knowledge to craft a conceptual network of epistemological, socio-economic and technological loose ends in which cultural phenomena are involved.
- Command of the methods and theories for the study and analysis of humanistic
- Complete insight of theories that will help you to solve problems in a scientific construction of humanities scholarship in general and cultural studies in particular.
- Ability to analyze in an inter-disciplinary manner any cultural production with a deep humanistic understanding.