The program of Civil Engineering will give you quality education geared towards planning, analysis and design of components and complete systems of basic infrastructure, having in mind realistic constraints in economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health, safety, manufacturing and sustainability aspects. Additionally you will acquire a theoretical-practical focus of the discipline to develop infrastructure projects in their fundamental stages: design, budget, execution, control and maintenance; likewise, you will increase your creativity, social responsibility and sustainability and your ability to be a leader in teamwork.
UNDERGRADUATE DEGREE OBJECTIVES
As a professional in Civil Engineering, you will be highly qualified to analyze, from a theoretical, technical and practical framework, the areas of construction, structures, hydraulic exploitation, geotechnics, land pathways, and environmental engineering. Also, you will be able to contribute solutions to basic infrastructure construction problems based on theoretical-practical knowledge, and through the rational use of information technologies and communication.
- Theoretical-practical knowledge of analysis and problem solving in civil engineering, implementing feasible options.
- Computer tools of your discipline for planning, analysis, design and construction of basic infrastructure.
- Management of design strategies to develop correctly basic infrastructure, as well as its responsible development.
- Responsible use of basic infrastructure systems that help in solving current problems.
- Analytical capacity to approach and solve civil engineering problems.
- Rational use of information.
- Conviction to work for the common good and to strive for success.
- Open-mindedness in knowledge, culture, and interpersonal relations.
- Vision to accomplish goals through learning.
- Basic knowledge of mathematics and science.
- Interest in knowing the science and technology of the food industry.
At the end of your studies, having acquired new knowledge and expanded your abilities, you will have:
- Theoretical and practical knowledge regarding analysis and solution of civil engineering problems, thus implementing feasible options.
- Use of computer tools related to this field to plan, analyze, design and construct basic infrastructure.
- Knowledge of design strategies that allow for an integral development of basic infrastructure, as well as its responsible development.
- Responsible use of basic infrastructure systems to solve current problems.
- Critical analysis to approach and solve civil engineering problems.
- Use of information and communication technologies as work and learning tools.